Interested in joining our interdisciplinary team as a PhD student, postdoctoral researcher, or Bachelor/Master student in organic geochemistry, geobiology, or paleoclimatology? Specific calls for applications will be posted on this page. Please contact us if you are interested in doing research with us, even if we currently don’t advertise positions.
- The Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes offers PhD scholarships of up to 3 years.
- The Deutscher akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) provides a range of scholarships for international scholars interested in a PhD in Germany.
Postdoc positions: Please contact us to discuss project ideas and funding opportunities (firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: @lipidorama). There are excellent funding opportunities in Germany for incoming postdocs of any nationality:
- Walter Benjamin Program by the DFG provides up to 2 years of funding for early career researchers of any nationality to conduct their own research project in collaboration with a German host.
- Humboldt Research Fellowship by the Humboldt Foundation provides up to 2 years of funding for early career or experienced researchers of any nationality to conduct research in collaboration with a German host.
- Georg-Forster Research Fellowship by the Humboldt Foundation provides up to 2 years of funding specifically for researchers from developing and transition countries to conduct research at a German institution that benefits the development of their region of origin.
- Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship by the European Research Council provides up 2 years of funding for researchers of any nationality to conduct research at an institution within the EU.
Bachelor/Master theses: We welcome students from Kiel University and partner institutions interested in conducting their thesis research with us, either within one of our current projects or based on your own project idea. We offer an inclusive environment, research at the forefront of the field, and exciting research topics in geomicrobiology, organic geochemistry, or paleoclimatology, including lab-based or computational research. Please contact us if you are interested (email@example.com, Twitter: @lipidorama)